Peter Scott AM
Senior Advisor, Melbourne
Peter has over 30 years’ experience in investment banking and corporate advisory work. Prior to joining Gresham in 2015, Peter spent 16 years at UBS, having been a Managing Director and then Vice Chairman, Investment Banking.
During his time at UBS, Peter has advised numerous large Australian companies and governments on a range of assignments including:
- AMP’s acquisition of the Australia/New Zealand assets of Axa Asia Pacific ($4.4bn)
- China Minmetal’s acquisition of selected OZ Minerals assets (US$1.4bn)
- The acquisition of St. George Bank by Westpac ($18.6bn)
- The acquisition of Symbion Health by Primary Health Care ($3.5bn)
- The acquisition by OneSteel of Smorgon Steel Group by ($3.4bn)
- The acquisition of Rinker by Cemex ($16.5bn)
- The merger of AGL/Alinta infrastructure assets ($14bn)
- National Foods’ responses to takeover bids from Fonterra and San Miguel ($1.9bn)
- WMC Resources’ response to takeover bids from Xstrata and BHP Billiton ($9.2bn)
- Tabcorp’s acquisition of Tab ($2.5bn)
- Tabcorp’s acquisition of Jupiter’s ($1.7bn)
Prior to UBS, Peter worked at Centaurus Corporate Finance (where he was a Director for eight years) and at Merrill Lynch (which acquired Centaurus in 1997).
Peter has a Masters of Commerce (First Class Honours) from The University of Auckland.
He was an active member of the Australian Takeovers Panel from 2002 – 2014 and of the New Zealand Takeovers Panel from 2008 – 2014.
In June 2020, Peter was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) for significant service to the investment banking sector and to medical research organisations.
Tel: +61 3 9664 0300
Level 39, 120 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000