Managing Director, Sydney
Julian joined Gresham Partners in 2016 and is a Managing Director within the Corporate Advisory business.
Julian has over 15 years of experience advising on corporate strategy and M&A transactions across a broad range of sectors, including regulated utilities, transport infrastructure, natural resources and energy infrastructure, property, telecommunications and agriculture.
Notable transaction experience includes:
- (2019) Acting for QIC on its take-private of Pacific Energy, a leading provider of remote power solutions;
- (2019) Acting for a consortium comprising MIRA, Sunsuper, and HESTA, on its acquisition of the land titles and registry function of West Australia’s Landgate;
- (2019) Acting for QIC on its acquisition of Sea Swift, a regional marine logistics business in FNQ/NT, from Champ Ventures and Toll;
- (2019) Acting for Morrison & Co on its acquisition of Flow Systems, a multi-utility business, from Brookfield;
- (2018) Acting for First State Super on its acquisition of the land titles and registry functions of Land Use Victoria;
- (2018) Acting for Whitehelm on its acquisition of AGL’s distributed generation and CNG refueling assets;
- (2017) Acting for Lendlease on its investment into the Milan Santa Guilia mixed use urban regeneration project;
- (2017) Acting for Lendlease on the restructuring of Lendlease Retirement Living into a joint venture with APG;
- (2017) Acting for Palisade on its acquisition of Sunshine Coast Airport;
- (2016) Acting for the Lonsdale consortium comprising the Future Fund, QIC, GIP and Borealis on its acquisition of Port of Melbourne;
- (2015) Acting for a consortium comprising IFM and QIC on its bid for TransGrid;
- (2014) Acting for a consortium comprising IFM and QIC on its bid for QCLNG Pipeline;
- (2012-13) Acting for Archer Daniels Midland on its multi-phase 19.9% stakebuild in GrainCorp and on its subsequent recommended takeover offer for GrainCorp;
- (2012) Acting for BG Group on the disposal of a part interest in QCLNG upstream tenements and an LNG train; and,
- (2010-11) Acting for Telstra on its multi-pronged cooperation agreement with the government-owned NBN Co.
Prior to joining Gresham, Julian worked in investment banking roles at Macquarie for 5 years and then Barclays for 6 years, predominantly in M&A advisory across a range of sectors.
Julian holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales and a Masters of Finance (Dean’s Honor Roll) from INSEAD.
Tel: +61 2 9221 5133
Level 17, 167 Macquarie Street, Sydney NSW 2000